Sunday, July 4, 2010

Encounter with poo- as told by Olly Peet

I can't say it any better than Olly, one of my favorite Brits whose family is onboard. Here is his blog entry from today.

Sunday, 4 July 2010
Encounter with poo

To you and me, the Gulf of Guinea is somewhere to cool down on a hot day, and where fish come from. But to millions of West Africans, it's their toilet. Today, whilst frolicking in the waves, Libby shouted that she had poo on her arm...and sure enough she'd squashed a turd (not hers!) between herself and our friend Liz, smearing both with someone else's waste. Delightful. Olly http://peetfamilyinliberia.blogspot.com/


Needless to say, it was a bit disgusting to see little Libby with poo all down her side and poo all down my arm. I believe it went something like this:
Libby(in her cute British accent): Liz, I have poo all down my side.
Liz: No, Libby, it is only wet sand.
Libby: No, it's poo...and it's on your arm too.
Liz (after a closer look and a smell): Um, you're right...EWWWW! (Then yelling up to her parents on the sand)...Uh, we have a poo situation here!!!!

I think I used used so much hand sanitizer and microbacterial wipes on myself my skin is about to come off! :) TIA baby!

No comments: