Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dirty Jobs

We think we have a new idea for the show Dirty Jobs. Four brave divers had the chore today of going down to clean off the air conditioning vents on the ship. This has to be done on a regular basis because they get clogged quickly and then the air conditioning doesn't function so well.

Tracy was one of the lucky divers. She got to the ship this past week. She did gateway with me and is so fun to be around. The last 6 months before gateway she spent hiking the Appalachian trail. Well, I had to giggle because when she got here she was all excited that she was a certified diver and she wanted to go down and help look for all the honey and other paraphanalia that fell to the ocean floor when a couple crates broke when unloading a container. Others heard about this and next thing she new she was designated to go on the honey expedition as well as clean off the vents with some others.

I saw her coming out of the water after I finished my run. Needless to say, Im pretty sure she will not be quite as quick to volunteer for the next dive...the look on her face said it all. I think the pictures do all the explaining. It sure takes a lot of soap and scrubbing to feel clean after comin up out of that water:) But thanks to Tracy and the other ship divers for doing that so we can have air conditioning!!!:)
On a cleaner note...I am doing night shift right now and at about 1030pm one of the translators who plays guitar came in and we had a spontaneous (those are the best!) worhsip, dance, singing session. We had already shut the lights of but the ladies loved it, so we sang for about an hour. I wish I could videotape some of this stuff some times because words can't explain it. Several of the translators and a couple of us nurses just sang and danced. One of the translators can make a trumpet sound...different notes and everything..sounds exactly like it...he joined in as well. It was amazing starting the night out like that...praising God and asking for His presence here. I just wanted to share how cool that was. Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

citygirl said...

Loving your stories, Liz- what an amazing time you are having over there!! Glad I finally remembered to read your blog ;)

Krista Saxon said...

I love this blog!! I love reading all the details Liz...so don't worry about them being too long :)