Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reminded

I have been keeping a list of my prayer requests this year in my journal and actually keeping track of how they are being answered. I have been doing this for some time now, but last week as I was praying through it, I stopped to look at my list. It was so cool to see how many requsets I had been able to write "praise" next to. I just stopped what I was doing and again, was reminded at how amazingly faithful God is. I always take it for granted. If you do not do this already I encourage you to keep track of your prayer requssts on paper and how they are answered. Many of these were not answered overnight..in fact some I had been praying about for a few years...but God in His timing answered that prayer. I had also been reading in James this same day and want to share with you some of the verses I had read. The power of prayer really is amazing! I was again reminded this week just how important it is. May this be an encouragement to you as well to not give up...be persistant and patient...God does care and will answer in His timing!:)

James 5:16 "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

James 4:2 "You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not recieve, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."

No comments: