Monday, March 21, 2011

A Picture or Two Will Do

Here are just a couple pictures I have taken. I hope to get one soon of the veiw of the town from the ship. It is quite beautiful, but it is often dark by the time I have time and think about it...

Reminder that screening day is this Saturday. Please pray! I will be back on the pre-screening team. Which means saying no to lots of people...and praying for wisdom to say yes to the right ones. Although me saying yes only means they will get screened for surgery, but still please pray for wisdom as we try to work through thousands on Saturday...also pray for stamina emotionally, spiritually, and physically...for the whole crew! May God be glorified Saturday and the right people be present for us to help!

The 500 year old cotton tree downtown Freetown. Beautiful big tree with the most unique huge trunk! This tree has seen soooo many things...if only it could tell stories.


Frisbee with the locals. As you can see my light grey shirt is dark cause I dove and caught the frisbee in the ocean as a wave crashed over me. Probably my one and only sweet sports move in my lifetime:) Of course the next day we got an email not to be barefoot on the beach and not to swim here...oops. Water felt woderful and it was so good to get off the ship a bit. So far I have not become deathly ill;)



Of course their endurance way outlasted us but it was great fun. Hope to play them regularly. The best part was at around noon when we had played 2 games to 10 and us Mercy Shippers were exhausted thinking it was over...when their coach said, "ok, 10 minute break before final game." Haha...we crawled onto the field for one more but convinced them to only play to 7 for the last game:) We actaully starting winning the last game..at which point they put in all their best players:)

1 comment:

LB said...

Your pictures make me want to be there. We played soccer against a group of youth for Christ guys and since they were playing against girls they insisted on played with their hands tied behind their backs. it was pretty funny, the girls won, but I'm pretty darn sure they were just being nice to our girls. :)