Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ever since I got on the ship in 2008 and found out about their walking blood bank, I had been secretly hoping I would get that phone call asking me to give blood. I am wierd like. I love giving blood. And here on the ship when they need blood for a patient they call the crew member with a matching blood type to come give the blood when the patient needs it.

It so happened I was doin my usual charge nurse shift Sat. mornin and runnin around when one of the lab girls found me and told me I was the only one on ship who had the blood type they needed for a patient in ICU. So....my dream finally came true:)

A friend of mine had given blood a couple days before and I was trying to beat his time of 7 minutes...but alas...it took me 8 minutes. Next time...next time.

WHAT?! A 16 gauge needle- that is going where?...Awesome!

The completed product:) This bag was promptly taken a few doors down and hung for the patient...still warm. I still think that is so cool.

2 comments:

Mom said...

That's so cool that your blood was still warm when the patient got it:) Remember how chilled Grandpa would get after he was given blood?

M&K said...

Dude, you're messed up=) And if it's still warm, how is 'so cool'?