Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Please...no dog meat.

Every once in awhile I have those moments where I all of the sudden remember where I am and how odd the life that I lead really is. It is so easy to get into a routine and everything is normal. Well, last week I had one of those moments. It was the crazy day we were admitting all the new VVF patients. I was running around until I noticed one of the admission sheets for one of the ladies.

Notice anything odd? (Besides the fact that they ask WHEN was the last time you had malaria...not have you EVER had malaria?)
Well, I thought the special diet needs were quite important. I notified the other charge nurses and the galley immediately...haha :) Earlier in the year we also had a request for no snake meat. Again...I had to notify the galley promptly so we could make them a seperate tray since snake meat was on the menu for the night. ;)
I just love these moments...when no matter how busy or frazzled I am...I am reminded where I really am have to take a moment to giggle small small.

No comments: