Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Ok, so bear with me...it's been about a year and I still do not like to write, but Im gonna try to get back into blog mode....and I'll try to make them shorter this time round...no promises;)


So as most of ya'll know, I finished a month long traing course at the headquarters in Tyler, TX in Jan. with 30 others of all ages from all around the world. We had 3 weeks of missions training which was superb. I learned so much I cannot even begin to say it all, but I guess the parts that impacted me the most were spiritual warfare and worldview. I realized how much my worldview affects my faith and my ideas of missions and God sure opened my eyes to many things! The last week we got to do basic safety training inclucing cpr, first aid, firefighting, and sea survival. I'll tell you I sure have much more respect for firefighters after having to wear the full gear and put out a fire.









As of this Sat., March 7 I will be boarding a plane for Paris and meeting up with others from the Jan. Gateway course to spend the night in Paris and explore a little before making my way to Benin. I am very excited and know this is where God wants me now. Thanks SO much for the prayers, I cannot tell you that enough! I will keep you updated!

P.S. I love mail so in case anyone wants to send me some snail mail my address will be:

Elizabeth Espeland - HCS
Mercy Ships- M/V Africa Mercy
P.O. Box 2020
Garden Valley, TX 75771-2020

*I also love packages and know a few people had talked about sending them. Please be aware that I will have to pay $5-8 a lb. for any packages I recieve. So if sending packages, please make them either light or as people have done in the past - put a few bucks in to cover the cost if its over a few lbs:):)

3 comments:

me said...

so leaving on a private jet plane via Paris for a year long cruise...just pure gluttony and in a time we should be saving...

"we will save your soul...and your leg..."

Capt Jonathan Mercy, founder of Mercy Ships Inc., circa 1976

Liz Espeland said...

again...you are such a nerd...love it:) ..such an entertaining comment giver...:) and seriously..i need to have shirts made...lol.

jgs said...

9 months of silence and... BAM! a new blog!! She's ba-ack!

Hopefully this is some encouragement for you.

When Jesus was told of Lazarus being sick: John 11:4 When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it." You have the opportunity to share to very many that might not have heard of the name Jesus! How fun!

1 Peter 3:15 “But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect”

I will definitely be praying for you! Let us know of specific request you may have! Have fun out there!

Now you can say you've "been in Benin"...........