Monday, March 31, 2008

Saturday in Pictures

This past week was wonderful...work went well...still love being able to be a nurse and have time to play with the kiddos...and adults:) This past week they have been doing a lot of ortho surgeries...so lots of unhappy little kids with casts on:) One of my patients..a 14 yr old girl had surgery on her toes on both feet and came back with casts up to her calfs on both legs...we put little booties on her so she could walk, but def. needed someone to help her..she was a trooper. Those same days I took care of a little boy..his name was Sunday Boy. So cute. He was there with his dad and didnt smile much so such a cuddly boy to hold..he loved it. I would be on the other side of the ward taking care of patients and I would feel something on my leg and it was him following me around...so cute. And we did get him to smile:) Not sure where his mom was, but seemed like he missed the cuddling:) Anyhoo...onto Sat.:

Walked to an orphanage in the morning with some ppl from the ship. After a long, hot, fun morning playing with kids we stopped for some fresh cocunut juice on the way back..then they cut it open so you can spoon out the coconut to eat:)

Later, we were going to go to the market, but some guys were here from the USS Fort McHenry Naval ship that is stationed off the coast and were offering to take ppl out to it to tour it. So a bunch of us did that instead. It is a flat bottom transport boat so QUITE rocky...I took a video..but after being on that thing an hour a few of us were ready to get off...oosta. They say you get used to it though. I coulnt even walk straight it was tipping so much. They can flood the bottom of the ship to let their smaller boats on for when they go out to sea...or flood it to make a swimming pool...fascinating. Sure made our ship look like a cruise ship though after seeing where those guys live. Sure is fun meeting and thanking our troops though for all their hard work and time away from family for our freedom!


























Sat. night 4 of us went out downtown Monrovia to a rest. with live music...had some food and drinks and danced...SOOOO fun!

Last night about 20-30 of us practiced to be examples for the Scottish Ceilah dance we are having on Sat. night. I cannot wait...it was SOOOOOO fun practicing. Peter and a few ladies are from there and teaching us all the dances they do at Ceilahs back home. Sure was a lot of laughing and quite the workout:) Cant wait for Sat....although I think I broke my toe on the wooden elephant that was in the room when I was swinging around at one point..good times. I went running this morning and found myself limping a bit...haha.

This morning on my run I was listening to Caedmon's Call..."Thankful". One of the lines says, " Im so thankful, that Im incapable, of doing any good on my own." Cool thing to think about, and humbling. Reminding me I need so spend time with God every day and asking for His help, because there is no way I can do this on my own...only through His power and strength. SO cool though...that He can do things in and through us that we couldnt never even comprehend doing on our own! What an awesome God we serve!

1 comment:

Mom said...

They should add a picture of earplugs for people like Mark when they flush the thing!